Welcome to my World of Beauty and Reviews!

I finally got my hands on the infamous INGLOT 10 Freedom System palette. I decided to play around with it today and came up with a look and I have to say these shadows are amazingly pigmented!

New Vanity Mirror!

It is incredibly bright and I think it came out Amazing!

Polish Hoarders Anonymous!

So the 1st step in any program is admitting we have a problem...

My 1st Mineral Eyeshadow Product

A palette made by Yours Truly!

Prev Next

Top Makeup Primers

Hello everyone! So today I decided to share with you all some of my absolute favorite Foundation Primers. I have pretty large pores around my nose and cheeks and with the help of these awesome products they minimize the appearance of them all together. 




In no particular order I will share with you some of my absolute must haves. In this summer heat, in order to keep your makeup from slipping and sliding everywhere, it is super important to always apply a base/primer to help with the longevity.

Some Primers are color correcting, pore minimizing, skin brightening, you name it. Pick what your concern is and get a primer that works best for your skin type. 

I have chosen both higher end and drugstore brands to fit every budget. It is also very important to pay attention to the ingredients in them. I for example seem to have a sensitivity to silicone based products and try my very best to stay away from them or use them very minimally to avoid my skin breaking out or getting a rash.






You can see that there is a variety of brands I like working with most.


























Nars $32



Now I know that this is probably no longer a product that they sell, being that they have new packaging etc. At the time I believe the White Tube was the "Silicone" free primer that they carried.  I like how it made my foundation last and didnt break me out much at all . I did find it to be a bit on the runny side but absorbs well into my skin.






I have a love hate relationship with this primer. The consistency is similar to the Smashbox Photo Finish. I like that it came with a pump, but dispensed entirely too much at once. The packaging is a bit mehh cheapy but hey its ELF and $6 really not that serious sometimes. Now my other gripe is that it stopped working on me and I know for a fact there is still product in it and just have to figure out how to take it apart to access it. Otherwise I really like the primer and was one of those things I picked up at Target because was in need of a decent primer and love ELF so why not?




NYX Pore Filler  $12.99 




Now I absolutely love love NYX products! I think it has to be my hands down favorite drugstore line to be completely honest. I have yet to try anything that I do not like from the line. I picked this up at my local Ulta after seeing a couple of videos on it. Now this was unlike any other primer I had ever used. As you can see the consistency is kinda crumbly, and very hard to describe to be honest. Not wed, not solid its an odd feeling at first but porks great and if you press it into the skin works great at "filling" in those problem areas.









I really like the Napoleon Perdis products. A little more pricey for drugstore in my opinion. None the less definitely worth the splurge. This has a slight pink hue to it and blends smoothly into the skin. My foundation last a long time and hasnt created any breakouts for me.









I was drawn to this primer because it was aimed to us gals that have sensitive skin. I think it is a great primer and a little goes a long way for me. A bit runnier than other primers I have tried but did the job and my makeup lasts all day.


Laura Geller Spackle  $27.00





I received this in a set and I do believe the packaging has changed to a squeeze tube now. This stuff is amazing. My makeup did not budge and 8-10 hours my makeup is almost intact. I wear this very frequently on days that I know its going to me a little crazier for me at work. I am constantly putting on and taking off a face mask as I work, so I can usually tell after a few hours if my face is a disaster and nothing with this!







I love glowy and dewey skin. Being that I have issues with my pores at times it is a bit tricky to pull it off with out enhancing the appearance with them. Highlighters, and shimmery products and make your pores appear even larger. I mix this with some foundation and it gives the perfect brightness and helps with how long my foundation lasts as well. 


























On one of my recent trips to Sephora, I decided to give this a try after seeing one of my fave you tubers rave about it. I like that it is thicker than most primers and works great with large pores. It definitely helps keeping all of your makeup in place. Most items by Tarte are to die for. I tried the foundation and one of these days I absolutely must have it was amazing. I still dont own any of the blushes ( shame on me), needless to say this is worth every penny. Its waterproof and line filling as well. So this isnt going anywhere!


I hope you all enjoyed this and will be doing my fave foundations and concealers soon as well!



10 Responses so far.

  1. Bailey says:

    Awesome post! I'm so going to be adding a few of these to my list (Tarte, NYX and NP)

  2. Unknown says:

    I have always looked and wanted to try the Tarte primer. I have their mascara and their lip stains and love them but now I will have a reason to go buy it yeay good pics and good overview review.

  3. Chantel says:

    I love your blog. Great post.

  4. Madelyn says:

    i use Clinique's Pore Minimizer and I LOVE IT!!!!! every time I wear it I get compliments on my skin...

  5. Unknown says:

    I need to go get the Tarte now! I change my primers as I find my skin gets used to them after awhile - just like foundation. Great review xo Helen

  6. Ashley says:

    Love the Tarte one and the Magic Lumi one!

  7. Unknown says:

    I love this post! I love primers and have been in a rut with my current one and I think the Tarte one is perfect for me!

  8. I definitely need to try the NYX pore filler primer! I have some old acne dents that need filling hopefully it makes my acne scares a little less noticeable.

  9. Helga says:

    Which primer woukd be your pick for filling pores?

  10. Great POST! Thank you! Iyou mentioned it was hard to get dewy and tight pores. I didn't really understand if the magic lumi did that? I have never used a primer and I am having Pores fine lines and I want a brightener eek! Thanks for the education.

Leave a Reply