Welcome to my World of Beauty and Reviews!

I finally got my hands on the infamous INGLOT 10 Freedom System palette. I decided to play around with it today and came up with a look and I have to say these shadows are amazingly pigmented!

New Vanity Mirror!

It is incredibly bright and I think it came out Amazing!

Polish Hoarders Anonymous!

So the 1st step in any program is admitting we have a problem...

My 1st Mineral Eyeshadow Product

A palette made by Yours Truly!

Prev Next

Maybelline 24HR Tattoo Eyeshadow's

Hi everyone so I recently over the past few weeks have been picking up some of the new Maybelline 24 hr  Cream Gel Eyeshadows. These are much different than the L'Oreal Infallible shadows in the sense that these are a cream and the Infallible shadows are a wet pigment. 


Where to Find:
Bed Bath and Beyond, Harmons, Riteaid, CVS, Walgreens.


Price:
Varies on location but between $6-7 dollars

Consistency:
It feels very much like a Mac Paint Pot and dense and thick. Cream like texture



Rumor has it that these are suppose to be dupes for the ever so popular Mac Pain Pot.



As you can see the packaging is very similar. The Maybelline one is a bit larger in packaging.
You are getting .14 oz of product in the Maybelline vs 0.17 with Mac. Pretty Decent amount I think. You are also paying about half the price of the Mac one too!

I find that using either you finger or a Synthetic Brush is best with these cream based shadows.
















I had originally passed this up and went back for it because I own nothing like it in my collection. I would have hated for spring or summer to come and I needed this color and would have kicked myself later!



Left to Right:
Tough as Taupe
Pomegranate Punk
Too Cool
Fierce and Tangy
Edgy Emerald


Left to Right:
Painted Purple
Audacious Asphalt
Tenacious Teal
Bad to the Bronze


So I decided to test the quality of these swatches with a slight rub test:

You can see here none of he shadows budged at all. I was applying a decent amount of pressure and nothing at all.

I have played around with these for over a week or so and have to say they are great alone or as a base for any shadow. I found that there wasn't any creasing. I can not say that they last 24HR because well I do not sleep in my makeup or wear my makeup for longer than 8-10 hours a day.

I decided to put these through a different test. I know some may have oily eye lids and may have trouble working with cream based shadows. I decided to attempt to wash and rub all of the swatches off. I also wanted to see just how long lasting and durable they were to rubbing, dampness etc.

Rubbing the Dish detergent pretty hard here


You can see how most of the shadows have faded just a bit but still can see them pretty well.


Here on the opposite hand Bad to the Bronze didn't hold up so well but you can see how well these shadows hold up!

My Final Verdict:

Pros:
**A lot more affordable than Mac Pain pots
**Long Lasting
**Little to no Creasing
**Decent amount of product
**Affordable

Cons:
**Not enough Matte Shades for me
**A bit difficult to remove ( Get a Good Makeup Remover!)
**Some have reported issues when using these as a base and applying a powder shadow over it. Some shadows just wont seem to apply over them for some reason. 
**I have also heard that if you apply too much will chip off like a cheap liquid liner does after it dries.

I personally have used them as a base with a shadow and haven't had any issues with it adhering or flaking off. 

Overall I really like these shadows. I was seriously lacking any cream shadows in my collection. There are a total of 10 in this collection and I only have 9 because there is a GOld that just was a bit to similar in shade to the bronze for me and really wouldn't have use for it.

12 Responses so far.

  1. Thanks so much for the review. Your swatches look amazing! I'm so tempted to buy them but I shouldn't. I have too much makeup as is.

  2. Amber says:

    Great review, that teal and green are really calling me!! After the swatches I did yesterday I scrubbed them off, and today at work I noticed I had slight staining on my arm. I even exfoliated in the shower, so these things are no joke with staying power!

  3. NykkeyB says:

    Great review! I have been trying a few of these out myself and so far I'm loving them.

    Pigmentation wise would you recommend the purple? I find purple shadows to be hit or miss, do you think it's worth it?

  4. Unknown says:

    Hi NykkeyB Honestly the Purple isnt anything too exciting I think you can maybe find something else in its place. It isn't bad but takes a couple applications to get the effect

  5. These look really interesting, I don't think that I would wear them though because of their staying power. I think I might wear it to a cllub or party. It was a really detailed post and I actually considered buying it! ;)

  6. I love these, I bought like 4 so far ... but you're right! I wish they had more Matte shadows =( ... I LOVE how long lasting they are though.

  7. wow, they loook amazing, I was just looking at these the other day and passed them by, but I think I may go back and check them out again, great review doll! thank you.

  8. Amazing swatches, Cathy! I finally posted on the ones I got today and I was looking for someone's post that had all the amazing colors I didn't get and yours popped up! I hope you don't mind I mentioned you so others can see your swatches! Some of these colorful ones are soooo pretty that I may have to look into them. Also, GREAT idea doing the demo of trying to wash them off. That really shows how durable they are!

  9. Unknown says:

    I actually bought the taupe and Bad to the Bronze ones for an underwater photoshoot! They are perfect for underwater shoots, which is getting popular in my area due to an amazing photographer, Dana Chapman. They are amazing!

    Come visit my blog : www.sweetsurrenderart.com
    See you there!

  10. Lais says:

    Oh my goodness, those colors! I want them all... especially the orange one. But then again, I probably wouldn't use it because I am scared of color. lol! Great post!

  11. these look really pretty!! thanks for sharing! I want to get a few, I think it's definitely worth it! =)

  12. Christine says:

    These look gorgeous, definitely going to look for a few of these on Ebay :) Your swatches look stunning, love this post :)

Leave a Reply